Thursday 21 March 2019

Mapping our School: How do I feel around my school?

In Ruma Kereru we have started learning about
'Me in My Environment' through a series of
Enviroschools activities.

This week we explored maps of our school environment. First we worked out what the base map showed, then we added important places that were missing. Next we thought about how we feel in our school environment. And here are our maps! We will use the maps again to see how our feelings and ideas change as the year goes on.


The key for these maps is:
Green jellybean = a favourite place.
Red counter = a place I don’t like to spend time.
Wooden cube = a place where I feel safe.
Yellow counter = a place I would like to find out more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.